Monday, September 14, 2009

Dame Edna on BBC's Front Row

You little darlings!

The excitement is building, isn't it, Possums?!!


Tomorrow night, the world's greatest Dame will be on stage at The Royal Albert Hall for The Last Night of the Poms!!! The entertainment world is a-flutter with anticipation, and non-entities all over the country have been counting down the hours and minutes until their favourite housewife, healer, swami, and gigastar will be on stage again to brighten their dull, meaningless lives!

In fact, when interviewed by the BBC's Mark Lawson for Front Row (listen again here!), Dame Edna insisted she could never leave the public eye because of the great need of her public! Mark suggested that she might retire again and again like Barbra Streisand or Frank Sinatra, but Edna replied:

"I won't retire, because the public want me! There is a big need for me! There's been a poll, and apparently I'm not just a star...I'm not just a lovely person...I'm not just the most famous Australian on the planet...I'm a Vitamin. I'm Vitamin E. When I'm not around, people suffer from EDS... Edna Deprivation Syndrome. And I'm setting that right..."

We've even heard a rumour that Gordon Brown has sent a note of thanks to Dame Edna, for helping the country in a way that he just can't. Bless him.

So break out the gladdies and the sequins, Possums, and get ready for the night of your life! The Last Night of the Poms will be in London, Brighton, Birmingham, Bournemouth, & Liverpool, and you can get your tickets here!

And check back soon, because Dame Edna's adoring fans from The Untamed Edna Experience will be there on the first night at the Albert Hall, and we'll have a full report for you in the days ahead!




No comments: